The March 3, 2019 SASS Cowboy match has been cancelled due to weather.
31 MARCH 2019 MILITARY RIFLE MATCH
AND SCOPED AR-15 SIDE MATCH
Start time 9 Am
$10 entry fee for member
$15 entry fee for non member
$5 per category
Pre WWII-Mauser’s, 03 Springfield’s, Mosin’s, etc…..
WWII to Korea-M1 Garand’s, M1Carbine’s etc….
Korea to Viet Nam-SKS’s, M1A’s SP1’s etc…..
Post Viet Nam-AR-15’s and M4’S NO SCOPES
• Rifles must be in as issued configuration
• No competition weapons
• Front rest only for shooting from the bench
• Course of fire is 5 shots standing and 5 shots from the bench @ 50
yards and 5 shots from the bench and 5 shots standing @ 100
• 5 minutes per string
• Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If there are not at least 3
shooters per category no awards will be given just bragging
Scoped AR-15 .223-.556 Side Match
• Scopes will be set on 4 power for this match.
• Shooter will fire 20 rounds @ 100 yards standing in 10 minutes.
• Targets to be determined prior to match.
• Prize is to be determined.
The range will be open Monday, February 18, 2019 for President’s Day. Hours will be 8 AM until 4:15 PM.
ERGC Club Members:
Great news! We have the bails in place on Range 5 berm, and the only thing needed is for a few gaps to be filled in. The BAD News!!! With a membership of close to 900 we had ONLY 9 members show up for the Saturday workday, and none of the 9 were under 60 years of age!!! This group did an outstanding job (as shown in the attached photo). We also set posts for fence and gates for Ranges 6 and 7. We put in 5 full hours and got everything accomplished we intended to do.
We are a gun club and we try to keep the annual dues as low as possible; however, if we continue getting “poor turnouts” for the workdays we will be forced to increase the dues to pay for maintenance on the range. If we had to pay a contractor for this work we could have easily spent $1,500 to $2,000.
Escambia River Gun Club