|Home||About Us||Education||Calendar||Shooting Disciplines||Photos||Links||GC Gun Forum|
Latest News From ERGC
Range Open - Monday, February 20th
Just a reminder that the range will be OPEN on Monday, February 20th because it's President's Day - a federal holiday.
ERGC Elections 2017-2018 - Candidate Slate
The following candidates have been nominated for the upcoming ERGC elections. This is a partial slate and will not be official until midnight, February 19th (see post below). Candidates are listed alphabetically.
Project Appleseed 2017
Project Appleseed marksmanship clinics will be held at ERGC four
times in 2017:
ERGC Election 2017-2018
Elections for the 2017-2018 Board of Directors have begun. The election will follow the process outlined in the ERGC Policies and Procedures Manual.
An election committee has been formed. Steve Milz is the chair, with Terry Byron and Charlie Miller as the other two members. All election questions or issues should be addressed to one of these individuals.
The timeline for election related activities is as follows:
1. Anyone wishing to run for a Board position, or wishing to
nominate an individual for a Board position, must do so before midnight
on Sunday, February 19th. To submit a nomination, send the following
information via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 630-724-7984.
2. Anyone wishing to submit a change to the organizations by-laws may do so during the nomination period. The current by-laws can be found on the ERGC website. A fully-documented proposal for the change must be submitted in-writing, to include the new by-law wording as well as the name and contact information for the person submitting the proposed change. Changes should be emailed whenever possible to email@example.com. If email submission is not possible, a written change proposal should be submitted to the RSO at the range who in turn will get it to the election committee. The deadline for by-law change proposals is also midnight on February 19th.
3. Once the nomination period ends on February 19th, the election committee will prepare a slate of candidates and proposed by-law changes. This will be posted to the ERGC website and will be sent to members via email. Paper copies of the election slate will also be available at the range.
4. Any candidate running for a Board position may optionally submit a one‐page biography/position paper outlining their qualifications for their nominated position and why they should be elected to the position. These must be submitted electronically to the election committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These position papers must be received by midnight, Monday March 6th. Position papers will be posted to the ERGC website and emailed to members.
5. Electronic voting will begin mid-March. An email with instructions for electronic voting will be sent to all members. Paper ballots will be made available at the ERGC range for members who cannot use, or choose not to use, electronic voting. Paper ballots will NOT be mailed to any member. Completed paper ballots may be mailed to the Election Committee at the ERGC PO box or may be submitted in‐person at the April ERGC meeting.
6. The April meeting, on Thursday April 13th, will include the actual election proceedings. Any member who did not previously vote electronically or via paper ballot may vote in-person at this meeting. Results of the election will be compiled at the meeting and the results will be presented before the meeting concludes.
7. The newly elected Board members begin their term on May 1st. Any approved by-law changes go into effect as of May 1st.
If you have any questions about the election or these instructions, please email email@example.com.
Reduced CCW fee with Membership
Any member (and their spouse) that either joins or renews their ERGC membership for a full year after January 1st, 2016 can take the CCW class at at discounted rate of $45. The offer will expire when their membership expires. See the CCW page for more info about the class.
Intermittent Range Closures
ERGC members, please be advised that we are currently doing range renovations on various ranges at different times through the week. These renovations sometimes cause the closure of a range, but the closures are typically for a short duration. If anyone has questions regarding range availability, please call the on-duty range safety office at 1-850-356-6534. Thanks for your patience during our construction. We all know that the end result is going to be awesome and well worth the minor inconveniences along the way.
© Escambia River Gun Club (ERGC) Copyright 2017